Sunday, April 22, 2018

Week 93 Proselyting and more proselyting in Libia

So this was a fun week for Elder Williams and I!! After baptizing Jose we realized that we were low on investigators so we spent like all week this week just contacting and knocking doors and finding new people to teach. I'll quickly give you guys a brief summary of how our week went:

Monday April 9: We had a family home evening with the Subirat family and we went with Jose and Raquel. We read the Family Proclamation and then ate pizza :) We left a little early and left Jose and Raquel there with the Subirats because we're trying to make the transition good so that Jose and Raquel dont feel like they are dependant on us and also so that they can make a lot more friends in the ward. 

Tuesday: We had divisions in Belloni with the zone leaders! It was really fun and Belloni is by far the most sketchy ghetto place in our entire mission. by far. period. I was with Elder Suxo from Bolivia and we entered into this favela at night and it was pretty sketch especially for a gringo. 

Wednesday - Saturday: We did a crap ton of contacts and spent hours each day just proselyting. We found a few more new investigators. It was really good! On Friday we were going to stop by Jose and Raquel at night and we were walking towards their house and I felt like we should go down a different road than the one we were on and I didnt know why but we turned down this other road to get to their house and this guy came driving up to us in his van and said "hey do you guys have a Book of Mormon?" and I said "yeah, but what do you want it for?" and he said that he had lost his and that he used to have one and he gave us the address to his house and told us when we could go by to give him the BoM and so were gonna try again this week (we already tried on Sunday but he wasnt home). We also found this cool guy named Rodolfo whose left side of his body is paralyzed. We knocked this one house and the guy wasnt interested and as we were leaving Elder Williams asked him if he knew anyone we could teach and the guy said "come with me" and he led us across the street and way far into this back alleyway to this house in the very back to this guy Rodolfo. The guy that wasnt interested was Rodolfo's brother but it turned out to be really cool and we taught Rodolfo and he told us we could come back on monday (today).

Sunday: Selene showed up to church out of nowhere! We finished sacrament meeting and I was grabbing my things and I heard someone say my name from behind me and I turned around and it was Selene and I had to blink like 5 times cause I felt like it wasnt even real and that I was just imaging things and I was like "oh my gosh I havent seen you in soooo long!" it was super cool! She stayed for the classes and I got to talk with her. She seems to be doing really well and I really hope that she continues to go to church in her ward in Pocitos so that she can get confirmed as a member. Later in the afternoon we knocked this door and this guy named Esteban came out and he had already met with the missionaries a few months back and already had a BoM and everything and as we were talking with him his wife Natalia came out and wanted to know what the difference between our church and the other churches and also why there are so many churches in the first place so we asked her if she had some time that we could explain it to her and she said yes and let us in her house to teach her. Esteban wasnt really listening but Natalia listened really carefully with a lot of curiosity as we taught her about the Restoration and it answered a lot of her questions and she told us to come by again on Wednesday to teach her more. It was super cool and she seems like someone ready to recieve the gospel because she has a very strong belief in God but never knew which church to join or which path to follow.

But yeah it was a really good week! Next week are changes! (so freaking crazy how time goes by so fast!!!!) But yeah so I wont write you guys til next Tuesday to let you guys know whats happening over here my last transfer in the mission! 

Well love you guys! Have a great week!

below is the pic of me and Selene in the chapel in Libia!

-Elder Welker

No comments:

Post a Comment