So this past week Elder Larsen had one of the coolest experiences ever and it was really cool what happened. So we found this less active family called the Lopez family and its just a mom named Virginia and her two kids, Sharon and Yohan. So Elder Larsen had found them a week ago when he was on a division with Elder Cole and then we went by this week to get to know them a little more. Well it turns out that Virginia just recently came to Rocha like 2 years ago and before that they were living in Minas (which is a city in a different department of Uruguay). Well we were talking wit them and Virginia said that she found out about the church like 10 years ago after getting to know this senior missionary couple named Elder and Sister Crum (I think thats their name). Well Virginia and her husband back then got baptized and they were active while living in Minas but after coming to Rocha they went inactive. Well it turns out that Elder Larsen, just days before coming on the mission, was in a store with his mom doing some last minute shopping for his mission and this senior couple overheard them talking about his mission and so they asked him where he was going to serve and he told them Montevideo Uruguay and they freaked out cause thats where they had served a few years before! So he came on the mission a year ago and now he's here in Rocha and found the family that that senior couple taught and baptized! How cool is that?!
But yeah things are going good here! We also had this Evangelical priest guy come up to us and start to bible bash us in the street and started to quote scriptures trying to fool us and started to tell us "yeah I have a Book of Mormon and you know what I found? I found it full of errors" and he just kept going off on bible quotes and was like "you know what it says in Proverbs 10:3 ?" (just an example) and were like "no" (cause I dont have the bible memorized verse for verse) and he was like "ohhh so you guys dont know what it says" (like as if to show that he knows the bible better than us). Well I asked him if he believed that revelation ended with Jesus Christ and he said that everyone knows that once Jesus died that the work was over and that everything was finished and that He saved us so we no longer needed prophets. And then just as I was about to ask him about Paul and tell him how the work really wasnt finished he took off. But yeah really interesting guy he was a total nutjob haha. Anyways thats basically the interesting things that happened this week. :)
Heres some pics I got for you guys!!!!
Last week in La Paloma and back in the Xmas conference when I was with Elder CastaƱares
anyways I love you guys!!!! Have a great week!!!!!!
-Elder Welker
No comments:
Post a Comment