Well this week was pretty cool. The work is going a little slow here but were doing alright. We had divisions on Wednesday with the zone leaders in their area which was okay (but it was kinda pointless cause we really needed to be in our area working and an entire day out of our area doesnt really help us). And then on Saturday we went to the temple! I didnt tell you guys last Monday cause I didnt know that we were gonna go to the temple this week. My companion had a convert from his 2nd area who was going to get her endownments that day cause she is leaving soon to go on a mission in the southern part of Argentina.
It was really cool and then after going through the temple session I was in the changing room changing clothes and I saw the two elders who are currently serving in Camino Carrasco (one of my previous areas) in there too and I was like "whoa what are you guys doing here?! Is someone going through the temple?!?" and they said "yeah Karla is doing baptisms for the first time"- Karla is Andres's mom (one of my converts from Camino Carrasco. He got married and then he and Rosa (his wife) got baptized). Karla got baptized about a month or two after I left but I had been teaching her while I was there in Camino. The two elders told me that she was in the lobby at the entrance to the temple waiting so I quickly got out and went to the lobby and she was there with Rosa and they hadnt seen me for like almost 6 months and the look on their faces was priceless! They like looked at me and it took them like a second to register in their minds that it was really me (cause they were not expecting to see me there that day and neither was I). Haha they were soo happy to see me!! And then I saw that a bunch of the members from Camino were waiting outside the temple and I saw Ernesto out there with his back facing me and I ran and basically attacked him from behind, haha. It was so cool!!!!! It was like having a family reunion and all of the members were so excited to see me there! They all told me when I come back to Uruguay after the mission that i'll always have a place to stay haha. Ernesto told me that he's going to France next month so I told him that im gonna go visit him after the mission in France.
Anyways it was so good to see everybody there! Then on the way back to Rocha we got seats on the front row on the top deck of a double decker bus. It was pretty sick and it rained really hard the whole way back to Rocha and then it rained quite a bit in Rocha on Sunday which made it difficult for us to have lessons with our investigators. But anyways things are going great here and im hoping that we can make more progress here this next week! Well anyways love you guys have a great week!!!
1. Rainbow! On the way back to Rocha


No comments:
Post a Comment