Sunday, April 22, 2018

Week 80 Let's go Rocha!

So this past week was really good for Elder Castañares and I! We had a pretty dang good week here in Rocha! The start of the week was pretty hard but things got so much better as we continued with faith! So we had interviews on Thursday with President Eddy and that interview helped me so much to really get to work here in Rocha. There were a lot of things I needed to say to Pres Eddy cause I was at first having a hard time here mainly cause I was a little stressed out because I dont have a lot of time left in the mission and I want to finish out really strong and I didnt understand why I was here in Rocha with E Castañares but after talking with him I understood why and after talking with him I had such a strong motivation to go out and work my heart out!

So Elder Castañares and I have just been working really hard here the last few days and were already starting to see the blessings. On Saturday we talked with this kid in the street named Nicolas. He was 20 yr old and after talking with him for like 5 seconds we said "could we go by your house right now and teach you a message about Jesus Christ?" and he was like "yeah sure lets go" and so we went to his house and we were outside and we started talking with him about our church and he said "yeah I used to go to an Evangelist church" and then right as he said that he saw 3 guys from the same evangelic church and said "oh, here they are right now". haha. Then we heard the 3 guys say "ahh the mormons are here..." and my comp heard them say that and shouted "yep the same ones!" haha. Well they came over and at first I thought we were gonna get into an argument but E Castañares is so good at talking with people and after like 5 minutes we already almost made them new investigators haha. Well the 3 guys then went to talk to Nicolas's mom because they wanted them to go back to their church but after like 5 minutes of arguing the mom of Nicolas basically kicked those guys out and then came to us after and started saying things like "me and my son have our religion, we dont want anything with any other religion etc." but E Castañares is so good with people and started talking with her and before we knew it we were sharing scriptures with her and testifying and after like 10 minutes she said "its cold do you guys want to come inside?" and so we went inside and taught them and the next day Nicolas came to church on his own and then we went by again Sunday evening and invited him to be baptized and he quickly accepted!!! It was super sick and I wish I could write more of the story but like Moroni I am weak in writing and also this computer im using is a piece of junk so its hard to type. It was a really cool experience and I think that Nicolas will get baptized. He has had a really hard life and there are a lot of things I would like to tell you about him but again this computer stinks so it'll have to wait. 

But yeah everything is abosutely good here in Rocha, the bizcochos are amazing but it is soooo dang hot here in Rocha in the summer so please pray that it rains here or something thank you. haha. Elder Castañares is really cool and were doing great together and working really hard so everything is goin good! Well thanks for everything and have a great week!!!!! Love you guys sooo much!!!

Sorry no photos. Love you guys!!!!
-Elder Welker
Lunch today!!


No comments:

Post a Comment