Well this past week was pretty good. The zone leaders were going to have a baptism but their investigator Sandra couldnt get baptized because she was previously living with her abusive boyfriend and so she moved out and was going to get baptized but she had to have a court hearing (I think thats what it is) and the judge told her that she had to move back in or else they were going to take her daughter away from her and so she couldnt get baptized cause she cant be living with him. (yeah, super messed up).
Lets see. I had a two day division with Elder Peterson in La Paloma. It was so sick! We put two baptismal dates with 2 of their investigators and we just had a fun time there in La Paloma on the beach. I previously didnt know I would be going for 2 days but his companion Elder Perrins had to go to Montevideo for a leadership meeting so I just stayed with Peterson an extra day. Also I got so sick of the bikes after only one day (cuz theyre crappy bikes) and so I just chose to leave the bikes and walk the second day.
Also I got attacked by a recent convert's dog on Saturday. She always told me that that dog bites missionaries but I didnt care (cuz I always play with the dogs hehe) and I played with this dog a lot of times in the past and it never did anything and on Saturday I started scratching him on the head and all of the sudden like lightning he bite my hand and then bit me on the leg and then my but before I could get him off. It kinda hurt a little mainly on my hand cuz my legs are too big for his mouth to do anything anyway. Also I went to go pull something out of my suitcase and I found a new civilization of weevels crawling around in my emergency food kit. I dont know how they got in there cause the emergency food kit that the mission gave us all is sealed in a plastic bag but there were like 300 weevels in the bag so I grabbed it and took it out and me and Castañares both grabbed cans of bugspray and unloaded it all on the weevels and killed them all. It was pretty gross and I threw away the emergency food kit.
We found some cool investigators this past week that seem to have potential. We'll see what happens this week. Well thats about it for the week. Oh, I almost forgot to mention one other thing. So we have an investigator named Michael who needs to get married before he can get baptized. Well he came to church last Sunday (as in a week ago) and a few days later a sister from the branch called us asking if he had broken up with his girlfriend because another sister from the branch wanted to know if he was "available". My comp told the sister "and you think this is okay? Why would you call us asking about that? Also, were trying to help him to get married and not split them up" (also his girlfriend is a less active member but she is cool and has a pretty strong testimony). Her reply was "well im not the one asking its just that another sister from the branch wanted to know so dont get mad at me". haha. so messed up. uhhhhh this is the exact reason why Rocha has had problems in the past with members staying active. Well, I really hope that this doesnt cause problems but im sure it wont at all.
Well thats about it for the week! Thanks for everything! Talk to you guys later!!!


No comments:
Post a Comment