Sunday, April 22, 2018

Week 79 2018!!

Ok so this is gonna be a short email cause I dont have a lot of time nor much to write about anyway. So lets see, where do I start off this week? Well its been blazing hot here in Rocha! Its so dang hot now... And like I said our area is really big and we walk a ton and Elder Castañares walks pretty dang fast so im just dead at the end of every day haha. He keeps telling me I need a hat so that the sun doesnt burn me but I hate widebrim hats/ cowboy hats and id rather be dead then see myself wearing one of those ( the only exception is trek. But I guess thats when I thought cowboy hats were cool (which they arent btw)). Other news: lots of people here have swimming pools and I miss swimming so much now! (dont you say anything mom and dad!) Well, now im drinking tereré instead of normal mate cause its so dang hot. Tereré is the same thing as mate but instead of drinking it with hot water you drink it with juice and ice. Its so dang good! Its a Paraguayan thing but I just dont understand how the Uruguayans can drink flaming hot mate in the summertime (and believe me, they do!)

Well as far as the area goes its all good. Its been kinda hard working here the last week cause everyone was busy with xmas and new years and stuff and so it was hard to meet with people but this week should be better. I like the area though and my comp is pretty good. Im still getting used to him. He has 2 more months than me in the mission and yeah...lets just say its interesting being with him (cause I feel like sometimes he treats me like im new in the mission and im just kinda like "you know ive been here for like a year and a half, right?") Its hard to explain but were slowly getting better and I just try to be patient and chill. 

But yeah everythings pretty good here! Also FYI I got the photos from last week!

​​1. Cow tongue!! yummy
2. Cooking a lamb! also yummy
3. Christmas Eve! with mate!

Yep well thats literally all I had for this week. Pretty boring I know but I hope you all have a great week and like I invited the members here yesterday during my talk in sacrament meeting- read the Book of Mormon daily!!!! Like seriously, its 2018 lets do something different this year and make it better than last year! Well I love you guys! Also I just realized I go home this year!!! haha. Ive only got 5 months left here so I hope to make the most of it before I go home! Love you guys and happy new year!!!
-Elder Welker


No comments:

Post a Comment