Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Week 17 Week of Changes

ok so this is the last week of the change with E Harkness. I am killing my trainer and I will be staying here in Maldonado, thankfully. This past week we had interviews with President Eddy and I told him about our area and how we have a lot of potential here with our investigators. I also told him of my desire to learn Spanish quicker in order to be a more effective missionary. My needs in my area were answered last night as we received the changes for missionaries. E Harkness is going home and an Elder Alvarez from Peru is coming here to be my new comp. He has (time in mission) I believe about 7 or 8 months here in Uruguay. Also my ZL Elder Gehring is going home with E Harkness and so the other ZL in my house, E Fernandez, has a new comp, Elder Rodriguez from Panama. The missionaries here call this a "brown box" because I am now the only gringo in our house. This is actually a good thing for me because for the next 6 weeks we will be speaking only Spanish. I am really hoping to learn a lot from my new comp this change and to learn Spanish very well.


Anyway things are going great here. We have found a lot of new investigators and so I am hoping to have a lot of success here with my new comp. This past week E Harkness and I have just been going by all of the members homes to say goodbye and take pictures and also going by investigators to tell them that E Harkness is leaving. Also we finally saw Federico for the first time in almost 2 months. We were having an asado with his parents and afterwards we were leaving when I saw a moto outside the house of Federico (they live right by eachother) and I decided to go knock on his door. He was home and E Harkness got a pic with him. He was sad that E Harkness was leaving and also he lost his job just recently and is trying to find new work. I also invited him to come and play soccer with us this wednesday and I think that he is going to come so please pray that we can help him back on the right path.


Anyway this next change will definitely be different because I will be in a house of 4 people who want to work and not try to figure out what to say in their homecoming talk. Wish me luck!


-Elder Welker

No comments:

Post a Comment