So on Tuesday I had an intercambio with the comp of our district leader. He is from Brasil and his name is Elder Brasil. He was really cool but the first couple hours with him were rough cause he is bipolar and would get really angry at me out of nowhere so I am glad that only lasted one day. We taught Frederico the Plan of Salvation and I led the lesson and it went pretty well. We just taught using the pamphlet and then bore our testimonies and asked if he would pray about it. I asked him if he was reading and praying each day which he said he was. He is super ready to be baptized and believes in our message and keeps his commitments and comes to Family nights with members and also plays soccer with us and some of the ward members.
So we got some bad news this past weekend. So Frederico got in a fight with his mom so he asked us if we could meet with him at the church now instead and we scheduled to meet with him on Saturday to have our charlas. We got to the church at 3:30 on sat for our lesson with him but he never showed up which was wierd cause he is always on time. We tried calling him and he didnt answer so we walked to his parents house and they felt so bad to tell us that he got a new job and that he couldnt meet with us that day or come to church on Sunday cause his new job is 6 days a week for 12 hours a day. We were able to talk to him over the phone on Sunday and he asked us to forgive him cause he knew he had to attend one more time to be baptized. We told him it was ok and that his new job was a blessing for him following Jesus Christ in his life. We are going to meet with him tomorrow to talk about the situation but it will be a long process now getting him baptized cause now we can only teach one lesson a week at most with him and his work is very unpredictable.
So me and E Harkness have been scrambling to find new investigators and were pretty upset with the situation but because we couldnt get him baptized this weekend we are now just talking with everybody we see and being very persistent because we want to get new investigators and we want them to learn of the restored gospel and be baptized.
Ok so one other thing was that future elder Scott Welker got me and E Harkness a reference one week ago who we contacted on the phone. She lives in Montevideo near Tres Cruzes which is a bus station that we pass through everytime we go to the mission home. We are going to talk with her (Selene) and we are going to try to hand her off to the missionaries in her area because she doesnt want anyone else to teach her but us two.
As always thanks for the support and keep praying for us and our investigators. Just dont pray too much cause Frederico is having too many blessings now, haha.
-Elder Welker
some pictures of some "great" food we had here yesterday after church
so Mondonga is cow intestines and the picture on the bottom is pig skin. So its Mondonga with pig skin. The first plate was actually really good but they asked if I wanted more which I said I did even though I didnt actually want any more. The second plate had this really big piece of pig skin with whiskers on it. It was really gross and felt really wierd in my mouth. And then the beans and rice were cold and I was forcing myself to swallow that. I would take a bite and then fill my mouth with bread that they had in the middle of the table. It was probably the worst thing I have had yet!
No comments:
Post a Comment