Thursday, October 20, 2016

Week 16 almost the end of change #2 here

ok so I have to keep this short since I need to be heading back to my house soon. Also I forgot my camera so I will have to send you some photos next week.

Alright so I will try to keep this brief:

So E Harkness and I met with Julianna three more times after monday last week. We were able to set a bapt date for her (Nov 5) and she has learned so much already. We are trying to get her cousin Lucas to come with us to the charlas because he was baptized just a few months ago and would be a great influence for her.

Also because E Harkness will be leaving in just a week from now we are trying to go by as many members as possible to say goodbye and so that I can get to know them very well before he leaves.

So we are also still working with the family at the panaderia, its just that they are struggling right now because they know the church is true and that they need and want to get baptized, but in order for that to happen they need to get married, which is a difficult thing for them. We are just going to continue to pray for them and visit them often. They are really great and always say that they love having us over because they can feel the spirit so strong during the charlas. We are just going to give them some time to ponder and think about all of this and are going to try to make sure that they continue to read and pray about the BofM and all of the lessons we have taught.

Besides that we have a few other old investigators who we havent met with in a long time that we are going to try to meet with this week in order to say bye and to try to schedule another time to visit all of them. E Harkness and I have also been working to try to find more new investigators so that I have a lot more people I can work with with my next comp.

Today was our pday and I went with E Cary and Ontiveros and also H Labrum and Harpole to Pan de Azucar and we hiked all the way up to the cross at the top of the hill. E Harkness did not go with us and instead went with the ZLs to Punta del Este again. Not really sure why since we have gone there almost every pday. So the cross at the top of the hill was really cool. E Ontiveros and H Labrum climbed on top of it, which was so crazy. It was high up and I didnt even like looking outside from inside the cross. They climbed on top of it with the wind blowing really hard and were taking selfies. I dont know how they liked being up there cause it is really high up and there are no rails of any kind and nothing to hold on to and it is only like 5 feet wide and the thought of being on top is frightening. You should all definitely chech it out online and look at it yourselves.

Anyway that basically covers our week. FYI our pday will be Tuesday next week because next week is changes. Talk to you all next week!

-Elder Welker

No comments:

Post a Comment