Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Week 1 (MEXICO CCM)

Well the MTC is great here! I took a bunch of pictures today since they don´t let us take picures unless it is our P-day. I will have to send you those pictures in another email since I forgot my camera card reader thing. The language is coming along pretty well. I don´t know much even from 3 years of high school. But overall the language isn´t too difficult, at least right now. The food here is decent. About half of the food is Mexican food. However their Mexican food tastes like what I think Paula´s would taste like. My companian is really cool. His name is Elder Hemeyer from Mesa, Arizona. He is going to my exact mission, along with everybody else in our district. There are 6 Elders counting myself and 3 sisters that are going to Montevideo, Uruguay. So it is really cool to get to know all of these people. The MTC here is awesome! The weather for the past week has been so good! It has been raining like every single day and it stays really cool here. I really enjoy being here, except for the fact that I can´t listen to music while I am in the MTC.


So our district has had some pretty funny experiences. Since our second day here we have to teach a 30 minute lesson to a fake investigator in Spanish. My companion is actually really good at Spanish and I am surprised that he will be in the MTC for 6 weeks since he´s been able to carry on a conversation in Spanish since our first day here. So another pair of missionaries in our district were teaching the investigator the other night, and one of them, Elder Ward, meant to say ´´will you come to church with us at 9:00 am on Sunday´´ but actually said nunca instead of nueve, which means he actually said ´´will you come to church with us at never on Sunday´´. Apparently the fake investigator just started laughing and then Elder Ward realized what he had actually said. But the next day Elder Ward´s companion, Elder Mecham, also made a language mistake. They were teaching the same investigator and Elder Mecham accidently said mujer (woman) instead of mejor (better) during his lesson. Luckily I haven´t made any mistakes like that in any of my lessons. I just want to let all of you know how much of a blessing it is to be here and how grateful I am for this opportunity to serve. I can definately feel the spirit a lot stronger here at the MTC and I know that through obedience to the mission rules and that through our faith that anything is possible and that if we have the spirit alongside us that we can accomplish anything, including learning a new language. I look forward to this next week and I will try to send you guys some pictures before I have to get off.

No comments:

Post a Comment