Thursday, October 20, 2016

Week 15 Getting really hot here!


I never realized how hot it can get here. Winter is over now and its starting to heat up. I really miss winter especially since I didnt sweat or have to worry about mosquitoes.


Ok so E Harkness and I couldnt email yesterday because all of the computers were taken all day because there are so many young teenagers who play League of Legends and apparently there was some sort of tournament type thing and they were all playing so we couldnt find anywhere to email. Kinda ironic how that used to be me before the mission, playing games and not having a life (but for reals, League of Legends is just too far. There are soo many other games they could be playing instead that are way more fun and not 100% a waste of time)


Ok so this last Tuesday I had to go on an intercambio with the comp of my district leader, E Perrins. This was a very interesting day because my district leader is training, so his comp E Perrins is a new missionary (oro) like me. I was just glad that we had an activity with the ward that night so the day went by a lot faster cause I was not looking forward to teaching anyone that day since neither of us knows the language very well. But it went ok and I am just glad that I probably wont have to do that again.


Ok so I am actually really glad that I couldnt email yesterday, or else I would have missed the best part of our week and would have to wait to tell you next week.


So Sunday night E Harkness and I didnt really have any plans and were trying to figure out what to do. We decided to go to Lucas (a 15 yr old that E Harkness baptized the month before I got to Maldonado). We usually go to his house once a week to see how he is doing but havent been able to meet with him for the past 3 weeks. We got to his house and his sister said he wasnt there. We started walking away and said bye to his two sisters when E Harkness stopped because he realized that it was only one of his sisters and he didnt recognize the other girl. I thought she was one of Lucas sisters but turns out it was his cousin who just recently moved to Maldonado.


We introduced ourselves and she said her name was Julianna. She asked us why we wanted to meet with Lucas and we told her that we meet with him regularly because he was just recently baptized into our church. Right then she was really surprised and said "Lucas got baptized?!". We told her more about our church and yesterday we met with her after our pday and had a really cool charla (lesson) on the plan of salvation. She is 20 and has a very young daughter and she really liked the message of the plan of salvation. She is really cool and she invited us to go to her house today at 3 to eat with her and teach her more. Because she is luckily not living with anyone right now in pareja we are going to try to get a baptismal date with her today.


Well thats about all I got to say about this past week. I really hope things go well and that I can tell you all about it next week.


-Elder Welker

Not sure I ever told you guys but La Barra is also our area here. It is on the coast like Punta del Este. It is really touristy and E Harkness and I have gone twice and done a lot of contacting there. Theres also a lot of English speakers there. I had a 15 min conversation with a guy who is from Georgia, US.
Inline image 1
Inline image 2

Inline image 3
view of Punta del Este from La Barra

Inline image 1
not too far from the US


Inline image 3

This is what will happen if you accidentally pierce a shaving cream can with a switchblade.
yeah and the shaving cream sprayed all over our room but it was easy to wipe up

Inline image 1

 Inline image 2
 Inline image 2
This is also in our area.  Closest thing to Disneyland.


I took this pic the night of the 26th of Sept. after being reminded of the 50th birthday of someone very important in my life, but I forgot to send it that following week.

Happy 50th Dad!

This is a rosca filled with dulce de leche. I would have sent it to you but then it would have turned gross and also it has gluten. But it definitely tasted really good!

No comments:

Post a Comment