But its cool cause now when I come back here to Uruguay it'll be a lot easier to enter the country cause I can just show that after getting off the plane. And I am planning on coming back here after the mission.
Also got an update for you on Juan Rodriguez: yesterday at church he asked us if he could change his baptismal date from November 25 to November 17!! He told us that the 25 was going to be a complicated day and so im really glad cause now we dont have to wait as long!!! Also Federico is doing good and is progressing very well. He went to church for like the 7th time yesterday and is going to get baptized on December 2 if he gets everything worked out (he needs to get married before that day). But yeah everything is going awesome here! Elder Fairbanks is starting to conquer his fear of dogs🐕🐩 . We also had the oro conference on Friday which is just a conference for all of the greenie missionaries and their trainers. It was really good and it was fun telling stories to the new missionaries about past experiences in the field.
Also something kinda crazy happened last monday. So I found out that Selene stopped going to church and I was kinda bummed. Actually I was really kinda depressed about it and I couldnt stop thinking about it so we went back to the house and I crashed on my bed and I just tried to sleep it off for a couple hours. After I woke up Elder Fairbanks and I went to the grocery store to get some things and to see if they had peanut butter (they were out...😥).
But after getting home I set the things in the fridge and I just crashed on the couch when about 10 seconds later someone knocked on the door. I didnt want to get up so I told Elder Fairbanks to get the door and he looked through the peephole and said it was a guy who wanted to cut our grass. Someone had already come that morning asking if they could cut our grass so it pissed me off that another person came (especially since our grass wasnt even that bad). So as im walking over to the door im like about ready to hit somebody cause I just wanted to be left alone and upon angrily opening the door I saw a middle aged man who was nicely dressed (definitly not a guy who wanted to cut the grass, especially cause he didnt even have a weed whacker or anything like that). Well turns out his name was Federico and he is 40 years old and he got baptized 15 years ago in 2002. He said that about 2 months after getting baptized in 2002 he stopped going to church and lost all contact with the church and that he hadnt been to church in 15 years. He said that he saw us walking down the street with our groceries and that he had an impression that he needed to talk to us and that he needed to return to the church. Weve been helping him now this past week and we are trying to help him work out his problems that he has with is family so that he can come back to church.
This little miracle really helped me and it gave me so much hope knowing that Selene can still in her own due time come back to the church and also it strengthened my testimony and helped me remember that the Lord knows all things and that His timing is perfect and that He has a plan for each one of His children and that if we trust in Him everything will always turn out ok.
Anyways this is everything for this week and I hope that you all are doing good and I cant wait to hear from all of you guys soon. Whenever you guys decide to write me i'll always be here on Mondays to get your emails. (except for next week cause its transfer week so it'll be on Tuesday 😊)
Love you guys have a good week! Chau!!
1. Viste? Ya soy uruguayo y sí tomo mate 😎
2. Intercambio with Elder Peterson in Sarandí Grande
Can't wait to see this movie when I get home!!!!







No comments:
Post a Comment