But yeah it was a huge bummer and the baptism was already announced in sacrament meeting and everything was ready and it was rough having to tell everyone that it was cancelled. I named this letter "99 yards" because yesterday I was talking with Elder Johansen about this and I was like "dude its like if we were playing football and you had the ball and ran from one side of the field to the other trying to make a touchdown and you reached the 99th yard and then dropped and fumbled the ball." Thats literally how it felt because we were working and spending a lot of time with Adrian and we taught him so much over the course of the past month and just for him to reach the day of his baptism and then call it off is like the 99 yard example.
But yeah we have some other investigators that we are also working with who are fantastic! The only problem we face right now is getting people to go to church here.
But hey we just got changes last night and Elder Rivera is leaving and going to Melo! And im staying here in Florida and I am going to be training a new missionary!!!! Im really excited and I really hope I train an American because its been quite a while since I was last with an english speaking companion. Also Elder Johansen is leaving and going to Treinta y Tres which stinks cause im going to miss that guy a lot. Its been so much fun living in the same house as him. His comp Elder Ward is staying here and Elder Hunt is coming to replace him. Elder Hunt is also from our group and he was just AP to the President for the past 4 months so its gonna be fun. 3 from the same group still living together and if my oro (my new greenie) is also American then were only gonna be speaking English in the house! haha. Well see what happens. Tomorrow I have to travel to Montevideo super early in the morning to get my new comp so you guys will find out next week who my son is.
Anyways thats it for the week! Things are gonna be awesome this week and also because we have general conference!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Im sooo excited for general conference!! After this one ive only got one left before I go home!!! Whoooooo!!!!
Also this is was our district during this change that we just now finished.

love you guys take care!!!
-Elder Welker
No comments:
Post a Comment