Monday, October 9, 2017

Wee 64 Capilla abierta/clasico

Ok so yesterday we had our open chapel o sea tuvimos una capilla abierta y también ayer fue el clásico asi que casi nadie vino a la capilla abierta... 

Yeah so we had the open chapel where we do a tour for people that want to learn more about the church; however yesterday was the big game between Nacional and Peñarol (which are the two biggest and most important soccer clubs here in Uruguay. For you dad its like if you have ASU playing against University of Arizona). So its a big deal here because everyone is either Bolso o Manya; o sea everyone is either a fan of Nacional or Peñarol.  And btw Nacional is the best!!! The fans of Peñarol are like the fans of U of A. Trash. haha.

But Nacional lost yesterday so...😥

But yeah very few people came yesterday. But Elder Rivera and I had a good week! Adrian came to church yesterday so he is going to get baptized this saturday if everything goes good!!!! Im really excited! Every companionship except for one has baptisms planned for this saturday and we are expecting to have 9 baptisms this week in the zone! 

Other exciting news: We had interviews with President Eddy and my interview was awesome! We ended up talking about Selene for a while and he asked me if I could type up the entire story of her and send it to him with pictures too cause he wants to share it at family nights and firesides! 

Also like 5 min before we had interviews I was putting together my my reimbursals to reimburse my bus tickets to montevideo and I was stapling the envelope shut but ran out of staples and so I ran to my room to grab more staples cause we had to leave in a sec and as I was putting more staples in I accidently stapled my thumb and the staple went like all the way in my thumb haha. It didnt even hurt and I just pulled it right out. I remember when I was a kid that I did the same thing and I was like crying haha. I got to my interview with President and he was like "How are you doing Elder Welker?" and I responded "Im good besides my thumb hurting" and I gave him a thumbs up with my thumb covered with a paper towel and he was like "What happened?!" hahaha. 

Anyways things are awesome here and we are really hoping that Adrian's baptism goes through! Also we have changes next week and so I wont be writing til Tuesday! I cant believe how fast this change has gone by!!!! Im really excited to see what happens! 

Love you guys! Have a good week! Talk to you guys next Tuesday!

Yeah you can totally see in this photo where I stapled my thumb haha.
Inline image 1
-Elder Welker

No comments:

Post a Comment