But yeah im glad that we are done practicing. We sang really good during the conference and President Eddy and his whole family was there which was really funny because it was like having a family reunion for Elder Fairbanks. Its fun training him and im learning a lot right now. Its also fun being with an oro who is just so new to all of this. He's soooo greenie!! haha. Every time that a dog barks at him he like jumps and runs thinking that a dog is going to bite him and every time there is a dog in the street he doesnt get anywhere near it, haha. He's sooo scared of the dogs here! Just the other day we were walking on one side of the street and on the opposite side there were two big dogs barking at us and so Elder Fairbanks was watching them closely when right next to us a small little chihuahua that was chained up barked at him as he walked past it and he liked jumped and turned around to see the chihuahua and then held out his Book of Mormon to threaten it if it tried to get close and I was like "Elder Fairbanks! Its a tiny little dog that has a chain. What is it going to do?"
Yeah I think that he has a phobia of dogs! haha. Also Flavia came to church on Sunday!! She is this super cool and kind investigator we have that has been wanting to go to church to get to know it a bit and she went on Sunday and it was the conference and after leaving she said "there are soo many people here that I know! I didnt know that I would see so many people that I know there!" She really liked it and I honestly think that in the near future she is going to get baptized (but she has to get married first).
But yeah things are going great here! Today we just played soccer for like an hour and a half and then Elder Fairbanks kicked my soccer ball out of the court and it went flying into this gated off small apartment complex so Elder Peterson jumped the walls and fought off a dog to go get it. Then as we were walking back to the soccer court Elder Fairbanks walked into a pole. 🙃. hahaha. hes such a greenie!! hahaha😋.
Also this little adorable 5 year old daughter of an investigator we have is always so mean to us! Shes so cute but I dont know what her mom teaches her because every time that we go to her house the little girl comes out and sticks her tongue out at us 😝 and then flips us off with her middle finger and tells us to leave. 😐. Its sad what they teach little children nowadays.
Also last funny story: Last monday at 9 pm we returned to the house of the Zamit family to return the secretary key to the dad because we borrow his key to write in the church on Mondays here. So we got to the house and I rang the doorbell (btw they live in the back so you cant see their house but you just stand at the gate). So after ringing two times the wife came out and I gave her the key back and said thanks and asked if they needed anything to which they said no, that they were fine so we said bye and returned home. So in about 20 seconds we returned home because they only live half a block from our house and upon trying to open the front door to they house I realized that I still had the secretary key and that I gave her our house key. So we ran back and I rang the doorbell about 6 times and nobody came out so I pulled out my phone and called them twice and nobody answered and I was like "Where are they? Did they teleport to another planet after we left?" So I rang the doorbell two more times and finally brother Zamit came out and he was like "Elders what do you need? We are having a family night right now?" and I said "Im really sorry but we accidently gave you our house key" and then he ran back inside the house and got the key and came back laughing a bit and said "Well, we dont want you guys to be stuck outside all night" and then traded us keys. It was pretty funny and I dont think he was really mad about us interrupting his family night, I mean im sure they all got a kick outta that.
Anyways so thats about it for the week. Heres a pic of us after the district conference
love you guys have a good week!
-Elder Welker
No comments:
Post a Comment