1. Asado!!! He had his first uruguayan asado yesterday (it was super good btw)
2. Mate!! He thinks its nasty and almost threw up
3. Playing football (soccer) with Uruguayans (they play really good)
4. Putting mayo on everything!! (im a fan of this one, but he's not used to eating so much mayo)
5. Dulce de leche!!!!! Really good
6. Trying to pet an uruguayan dog for the first time (cause he's scared of dogs). Btw it didnt work out for him, the dog tried to bite him and I was just watching him fight off this little dog that he tried to pet
7. Coca Cola (this was a huge surprise to me! Elder Fairbanks drank Coke for the first time in his life yesterday at the asado).
And so yeah it's been a fun week!!! Juan Rodriguez came to church and stayed for all three hours! He's going to get baptized next month!!
Also a less active kid named Ramiro who is 16 invited his friend Thiago who's 12 to listen to us and we taught him about Captain Moroni and then the following day we played soccer with him and some other teenagers and then on Sunday Thiago came to church and stayed and it was really cool. The coolest thing is that the last speaker was our branch president and he got up and started talking about Captain Moroni and I looked at Thiago and he was tapping his friend's shoulder to tell him that he knew about Captain Moroni cause we taught him about Moroni the day before. Really funny how that worked out. But yeah all of his close friends including Ramiro are members of the church so we are excited to keep teaching him (and play soccer at the church with him on saturdays).
Anyway thats about it for the week! Nothings really changed. Elder Fairbanks continues having problems with the dogs here and getting attacked by dogs. Were still working with the same investigators and helping them to meet with their commitments and im still putting mayo on about everything I eat so yeah everythings about the same as always!
Also I got some awesome photos for you guys!
1. Coke
2. Asado
3. Gabriel and Ana (dopest young couple ever!!!) Theyre soo cool...
4. This narly french fry bacon pizza I bought last week.
5. Homemade bread and hummus that Ana made
6 .Day that I had a division with Elder Peterson. We were 4 americans in the house and we took a pic in front of my American flag for patriotic reasons
7. The morning of Sept 27 when I had to leave super early in the morning to leave to Montevideo to go get Elder Fairbanks
7. The morning of Sept 27 when I had to leave super early in the morning to leave to Montevideo to go get Elder Fairbanks
8. Me and Elder Johansen about to do some Toddy timing!








No comments:
Post a Comment