Sunday, November 19, 2017

Week 71 "Que los dos se queden!"

Ok so this week is transfers again!!!! Its crazy how fast the time goes by now that I have so much more time in the mission. 

Well this past week was pretty awesome! We had a killer lesson with an investigator of ours named Flavia and on Sunday she came to church with her 8 year old daughter Elena. She is super awesome and I hope that we can put a date to get married and then baptized soon. Juan also came to church and if everything goes through good then Elder Fairbanks and I are going to have a baptism next week!!! Federico is also doing really good and he came to church also on Sunday and he is going to get baptized next month (but he also needs to get married and he doesnt have a date yet to do that). 

But anyways we had a pretty successful week and I am just soo glad that I am staying here another transfer!!! Elder Fairbanks is also staying another transfer with me (which was like 99.99999% certain because im training him). Elder Ward is leaving and Elder Alvarez is coming here to be with Elder Hunt!!!! Elder Alvarez was my second companion in the mission and now he is going to live in the same house with us!!! Im really excited and it'll be great having him and Elder Hunt as our ZL's. 

Well on Sunday morning we were having correlation with our Branch President, President Machado, and he asked me "Elder, when are transfers in the mission?" and I told him "we have transfers this wednesday actually" to which he replied "You both have to stay here!" (hence the title of this email) and then he told me "we havent had elders that the members got along with here in a long time, I really hope that you both stay here because we actually get things done here now and I really like you guys" and then he said "if one of you finds out that youre leaving im calling your mission president and requesting that you stay" and then before the end of correlation he asked me "Elder, can we do a family night at my house next Monday? I promise you that I will bring at least one person that is not a member". I have to admit it was pretty dang awesome and it felt really good knowing that the members and especially the Branch president trusted us and saw us as a blessing and not as a burden. 

Well thats it for this week. Crap, I just realized I didnt take any photos this past week. Well, I'll definitely have photos next week because tomorrow is a multi-mission conference with Elder Davies from the Presiding Bishopric and also because Elder Alvarez is coming here so i'll definitely have some photos! 

Well love you guys! Have a good week!!!
-Elder Welker

No comments:

Post a Comment