Monday, October 9, 2017

Week 66 Like father like son

ok so this past week I went to Montevideo on Wednesday morning at like 5 am to get to the temple to get my oro (my goldie, my greenie, my newbie, my son etc) and it was not what I was expecting!

So after having a short instruction as trainers we all went outside and stood in a line in front of the temple. So the group coming in was made up of 7 elders, 3 from the USA and 4 latinos. And me and the other trainers were 4 americans and 3 latinos. So there was a higher chance that I would be getting a latino as my greenie (which is fine, theres nothing wrong with that its just that I was hoping to get an american cause ive gone the past like 7 months with latinos and its fun but I kind of missed having an american comp). 

Well they lined us up and they put the other 3 americans at the front of the line and then I was with the other 3 latino trainers so I was like "oh ok I already know. The 3 other americans are gonna get the only 3 american greenies" (and I will restate again, im not racist and I like all people and races and stuff its just that I wanted my greenie to be american). Well to my surprise they led us to the other side of the temple in our ordered line and as we made our way around the greenies had their backs turned so they wouldnt see us but as they lined us up I realized that my greenie who was standing in front of me was white and was american. hahaha. It totally caught me by surprise and it was sick getting to meet my greenie, Elder Fairbanks from Orem, Utah, for the first time. It was even sicker when he saw my ring and asked "hey is that from Lord of the Rings?" and the moment he asked that I realized that 1. He knows about Lord of the Rings and 2. that he was going to be the dopest oro (greenie) ever! 

I also found out that he is President Eddy's nephew!!!! Like what the freak!!!!! The second he told me that my brain exploded and I was like "why would he put you with me then??" But yeah up until now its been pretty fun. Weve been working really hard this past week but we havent had much success up until now but were going to keep going and have miracles here in Florida! Im sure of it!!! 

We also had general conference the past two days and Elder Fairbanks, after finding out that he would have to watch it in spanish, took that news a lot better than I did when I found out that I had to watch it in spanish when I was an oro. Elder Fairbanks was like "ok, I guess I'll just try to learn as much as I can". So yeah he was totally ok with it. Of all the talks I think my favorite one was by Elder Stevenson about how we cant let small, minor, insignificant things get in the way of our goals that our much more important in this life. I loved that talk!! I also really liked Elder Renlund's and his story about restoring the priesthood to a young man. I also was just shocked and soo saddened to hear that Elder Hales had passed away. And also that Thomas S. Monson couldnt make it to conference. It was really sad but we are all praying for them all over here in uruguay. 

Also I forgot to mention Elder Fairbanks is getting white boxed! In other words we are a house of 4 and all four of us are from the USA!!!

Also heres a couple of pics of me and Elder Fairbanks and also the other trainers and their orosInline image 2

Inline image 1

love you guys have a good week!!!
-Elder Welker

No comments:

Post a Comment