Well this week was ok, I guess. Well, nothing too interesting but here you go:
Monday: Our branch president invited us to his family night and he was going to get a non member friend of his to go but it was raining a ton and so it ended up just being us with the branch presidents wife and their 2 daughters. But yeah it was good. I love being with our branch president the guy is a stud.
Tuesday: I got to go on an intercambio with Elder Vaca from Bolivia. It was ok, I guess, kind of. He's really good friends with my ex comp Elder Lopez and yeah lets just leave it at that... (but Elder Vaca does cook good and made some spicy Bolivian food (I havent had spicy food in soooo long!)
Wed: Basically all of our plans fell through and Elder Fairbanks and I proselyted the whole day basically and we didnt find anyone who was interested. Pretty awesome, right?? :)
Thursday: Same thing as wednesday except for the fact that we met with Janet in the evening (we're trying so hard to get her and Federico to get married but neither of them are very excited to do it). We celebrated Thanksgiving by buying 2 pizzas (1 was called the "German pizza" and the other the "Mexican pizza") About the most American style Thanksgiving you can get, right?
Friday: So again all of our plans fell through (yeah I dont know how it was possible, 3 days in a row haha). We again went out with a huge determination to find somebody, even just one person who would listen to us cause the past 2 days we found nobody. We knocked and we knocked and we knocked and then this last door, nothing. haha. We were out for like 2 hours talking with everybody and then I knocked this one door and this little kid came running to the window and was smiling and stuff and I was like "this is it! A family!" and then this older lady opened the door and was like "nah, nah I dont want anything" and I tried to talk to her to get to know her and I started explaining who we were and I started to tell her about our message and she slammed the door in my face as I was talking to her. Rude!! So we kept going and I was like "that lady was so rude! But I bet after a contact like that that the next person is going to listen to us", and the next person did!! So the next door we knocked this older guy opened the door and said "no, no, no I dont believe in God, let me get somebody who does". haha, so the guy told us to wait and then about 10 seconds later this younger woman of about 30 yr old named Gimena came outside and listened to us and we gave her a Book of Mormon and she was pretty cool and were going to see if we can meet with her again this week. Later at night we met with Juan Rodriguez! We talked about family history and temple work, and ate toast with blueberry jam!!! yay!
Saturday: We had a pretty good lesson with Flavia in the morning, she's doing really good but she was a little sick. Later, as with the past days, all of our lessons fell through again, hahaha...........huh. So we set out to find more people to teach. We knocked a ton of doors and after about an hour we had found nobody! Then we knocked this one door that had a blind dog and this old lady came out and said "I cant believe you guys made me get up and have to go outside just for this! What a waste of time!!!" (ohhh, im sorry.... I was just trying to bless your life with a message that will change your life). haha sorry some times it makes me mad haha. So we went knocking doors for another hour and nobody wanted to listen to us. We had an appointment set with Gloria (a recent convert) at 6 pm and it was 5:50 pm so we started making our way to her house knocking doors and talking with everybody and I told Elder Fairbanks "I am going to find 1 person before I go to Gloria's house" and so it was exactly 6 pm and we were 1 block away and I knocked this one house like 5 times and nobody came so I told Elder Fairbanks "ok, just 1 more door before we go to her house" so at the end of like 2 1/2 hours of proselyting we knocked 1 more door determined to find somebody. I saw this house with the door opened and I went and clapped the house (thats how they do it here) and I could see the figure of a man in the very back of the house and I could tell they were cleaning the house and washing the floor so I thought to myself "crap, theyre busy right now" but the guy walked out of the house and came to the gate and shook our hands and he let us in his house!!!!!!!!!! His name was Fabian and he was 34 yr old and he was married!!!! legally!!!!! And he had two sons and his wife it turns out is a less active and they live a block from the church!!!!!! Finally!!!!! He was super cool and we took down his phone number and we are going to try to meet with him again (he has a busy schedule so he couldnt give us a specific return date) but he was awesome and it was a huge miracle!!! (but then the lesson didnt go through with Gloria, of course........☺)
Sunday: Flavia couldnt come to church. She was sick and couldnt sleep all night. But its ok she's going to come next week for sure. She's awesome, she's totally getting baptized (once she gets married). Federico went to church (but he's not doing so well cause he likes the church and wants to get baptized but he's not sure if he wants to get married. Him and Janet arent very committed to getting married but they dont want to split up either. Uhhhhh..... Juan Rodriguez came to church and is doing good! He comes in a white shirt and tie now! In the afternoon Elder Fairbanks and I went on splits with our branch president and his brother in order to visit a bunch of people in a shorter amount of time. Our branch president doesnt want me to leave, haha.
Anyways. Oh I almost forgot. On Saturday we went to buy fruit from a fruit stand and Elder Fairbanks instead of asking for a kilo of peaches he said "give me a banana of peaches" hahaha! I about died! The guy working the fruit stand had the most confused look on his face, haha.
So yeah thats about it for the week. Well I hope you are all doing good! Have a good week!!
1. Yeah I dont know what this is. Elder Fairbanks was trying to draw a car and it turned into a smiley face
2. I took this while we were studying. Can you see my trunky calender? haha.


No comments:
Post a Comment