But yeah the conference was good and it was cool meeting another general authority. After the conference we went outside and we got lunch and out of nowhere it started to rain really hard and I was the only person there that had an umbrella out of like 170 missionaries because I always leave my umbrella on the side pocket of my backpack so I pulled it out to not get wet and like 10 sister missionaries came running at me like a swarm of bees to get under my umbrella to not get wet and so I just gave them the umbrella just to be nice and so I got wet in my suit like everybody else (not fun, I hate getting wet especially in my suit).
Anyways its been fun living with Elder Alvarez again. We left the house a mess and so upon returning home with Elder Alvarez we decided to clean the house really nice and there were a ton of big cockroaches everywhere and so we took a bottle of Raid and bug spray and stuff and sprayed a ton underneath the kitchen sink and in like 3 minutes like 20 cockroaches came running out and we killed them all and within the past 5 days weve probably killed like 60 cockroaches that we living in our kitchen. Weve just been killing like 15 every night and then in the morning we'll find a few dead on the ground as well. So yeah its been a blast here!
Well Juan Rodriguez is getting baptized this Thursday! Hes going to tell us tonight who he wants to baptize him. Also Flavia came to church again on Sunday but she also brought her two kids and her husband and they all liked it. We were finally able to put a baptismal date with Flavia for basically the end of this yeah (which is fine because she has to get married anyways) but yeah she is doing fantastic and so is Federico (but we need to talk with his girlfriend about them two getting married or else Federico is never going to get baptized).
Also the other day something awesome happened. I was walking in the street with Elder Fairbanks and we passed this house that had the front door opened and after passing the door a lady came out from behind us and called out to us as we were walking away and she said she wanted to talk with us so we turned around and went back. She was a middle aged woman named Mary and she started asking me questions about the church's family search website. She said that she had heard that our church had a database that included information on families and on marriages and things like that and she wanted to learn more because she wanted to know how she could use it. I began to explain to her about it and then I asked her if she was in any way religious. She replied "I have a very strong belief in God and I believe that He exists but I dont go to any church because I dont understand why there are like 700 different churches out there!" and so I told her that we could answer he question and so I left her a pamphlet on the Restoration and we scheduled to go back tomorrow on Tuesday. It was such a cool experience and I am hoping sooo bad that she is there tomorrow.
But yeah its been a good week and its been flying by fast!!
heres some pics:
1. Elder Hunt, Elder Alvarez, Elder Fairbanks and me eating pizza after killing cockroaches the night after getting home from the conference with Bishop Davies
2. My new agenda cover for this transfer! The side with the quote was from 1 of like 200 inspirational cards that my mom sent me like a year ago. I love you mom!!



No comments:
Post a Comment