Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Week 75 Final quarter of the mission

Well as you all may know I now only have 6 months left here on the mission! Not to say that I want to leave cause I love it here! But I do really miss my mom 😊. and the rest of my family and stuff, haha.  Yeah I got the email last week that told me when im going home and stuff and which airport im going to fly to. I'll be home on June 7!! Its crazy how fast time goes by here on the mission. I'll get to skype you guys in like 3 weeks and then next May i'll skype again and before I know it i'll be home!

But yeah im really excited to find out where my next area will be. We have transfers in two weeks and so i'll probably be leaving to a new area a week before Xmas. But yeah its gonna be the best last quarter of my mission! I want to finish out this last part of the mission the very best I can and try to enjoy this last strip of my mission as much as possible hopefully without you guys making me trunky 😝. But seriously its hard not to be trunky with so many people back home getting engaged! and telling me about the new movies coming out and how they were so goodSuch things make missionaries trunky for they cannot have girlfriends or see movies (that arent of the church)

Anyway so as far as things go here in Asamblea we kinda had a crappy week cause I got a bad blister on the bottom of my foot and I could barely walk for like 2 days cause it was causing intense pain (but im fine now thanks to the medical kit that my mom got me that had all the supplies I needed! Thanks mom!! Your the best! I hadnt actually opened up that kit until now but things like that come in handy) But also we werent able to meet with Flavia this week and she didnt come to church yesterday so were kinda worried about her!

However, we did have a huge miracle this week! We got a reference last week from a member in Montevideo and so we contacted the reference and met with her in the plaza here last Monday. Her name is Daniela and she has a daughter named Brissa. Daniela lived in Utah for 12 years and is not a member of the church and Brissa is 7 and is going to turn 8 in January. Daniela really likes our church and wants her daughter to get baptized in our church. Daniela's ex husband is a member along with her other two kids and she says that she wants her daughter Brissa to also get baptized in the church. On Friday we went to their house which is like 3 kilometers outside of the city. We asked our Elders quorum president to take us in his car and we drove all the way out there to this house in the countryside. The view was incredible! There is no one else that lives out there and its just a bunch of farmland and animals and you can see the whole city of Florida from there. Im gonna snag some photos and show you guys next week!!

But anyway were really hoping to have a better week this week and im gonna try to do the most I can in the short time I have left here in Florida! 

Anyways I hope you all have a good week! Take care love you guys!!

1. This is when you know you have a lot of time on the mission. And cause its hot here now and ive been sweating bullets! P.S. I did wash this shirt after taking this photo
-Elder Welker

No comments:

Post a Comment