yeah soory ignore the title im bored haha.
Well this week went by really really fast. On tuesday I had an intercambio with Elder Perrins and I went to his area. It was fun especially because the pizza is better and cheaper in his area haha. And I got to play with puppies while a sister from the ward over there fixed the hole in my pants that was right in the pacific rim (crotch). And no I dont have pictures of the puppies nor the ventilation hatch that that was in my pants. We did find a new investigator though by doing door to door contacting. Elder Perrins was happy cause they really needed more investigators. On thursday we were able to teach our new investigator Ernesto for the first time. He wants to get baptized asap because in late September he is going to move to Utah. He lived in Virginia before for like 5 years and so he speaks english already. He is super cool and we are going to try to help him get baptized before the end of the change. He has a friend who is already a member of the church who lived in this ward but in April moved to Utah and Ernesto is going to go live with him over there.
On saturday we went and helped a sister from our ward with a service. Me and my comp and two brothers from the ward went and fixed her roof. We had to get on the roof of her house and lay tar paper (I think thats what it is called). It is like tar on the bottom that we had to torch and lay on the roof and on the other side it was like a thin metal foil material so that when it rains water doesnt come in from the ceiling. It was fun. Also dont have photos of that either. sorry.
On sunday we were expecting Selene to come to church but she didnt come so I was bummed. I showed our Mission Leader photos of her that I had and he told me to invite her to come to the church tomorrow and cook food maybe. He is 27 and is single and so yeah... haha.
Also I gave a talk in church on Sunday and I talked about member missionary work and I told the entire story about Selene and talked about how Scott was able to use technology to share the gospel. It was good and it helped us a lot because afterwards all of the members put their names on our lunch calendar so we have lunch for the next two weeks!!!!!!!!!!!! 🤗
anyways thats it for this week. I dont really have anything else to say so I hope you all take care and have a good week! Love you all!
-Elder Welker
No comments:
Post a Comment