Yeah so this last week was just great!!
So Elder Lopez got here on Wednesday and we went to the house of Rosa and Andres so that my new comp could get to know them. They are getting married on June 5 btw. So im not sure why but none of the missionaries in the past had ever worked with Andres's sister, Mikaela. She is 9 yr old and Idk why but the missionaries in the past had never really taught her. So we got to talking about baptism and first of all, Rosa and Andres were going to get baptized on June 10 and on June 17 Tania was going to get baptized. But I knew that Rosa and Tania were really good friends so I asked Rosa "Elder Silva was planning the baptism your baptism for June 10. And Tania is getting baptized on the 17 so do you want to get baptized then instead?". And she said "I didnt know that we were going to get baptized on different dates. I want to get baptized with Tania!" So I told her that we would push the baptism back a week. Plus it makes our job easier not having to fill up the baptismal font twice.
Ok so back to Mikaela. So we got done talking about the baptismal date situation and I asked Mikaela "do you want to get baptized with your brother and sister in law on the 17th?" and she said yes!!! We then asked her mom and her mom said that she is 100% behind her with her decision. So we had another charla with her a couple days later and I asked her "why do you want to get baptized?" and she replied in her own words (before even starting the lesson with her), "because I want to recieve forgiveness for my sins and live with my family forever". Later in the lesson we were talking about the Book of Mormon and she asked us "is that the book that talks about three men who became immortal and are still here on earth?". I was super suprised by that. I dont know how she knew about the Three Nephites, I was pretty dang impressed. We also got a baptismal date for the 17th as well for Christian, the brother of Rosa.
So on the 17th,
Tania
Rosa
Andres
Mikaela (the sister of Andres)
Christian (the brother of Rosa)
will all hopefully be getting baptized. And also my brother will be having his Open House cause he is going home! About time. Dont get too trunky haha. He's already going home!!!!!!!!!!!
So yeah im really looking forward to June 17th. Me and Elder Lopez are doing great here!!! Elder Lopez is cool, he's pretty chill but he's kind of quiet which can be a challenge when you live in an apartment and its just the two of you.
Anyway so y'all want to see pictures??? Cause I forgot to take any pictures this week so I'll try to get you guys some pics next week. Anyway have a good one love you all!!!
-Welks
No comments:
Post a Comment