Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Week 49 I have met every Uruguayan from St. George now!!

haha not really^, but seriously St. George isnt that big and neither is Uruguay. So I forgot to tell you guys that two weeks ago I met a man named Noberto Hernandez. He lives in St. George and is a member of the church that attends a Spanish branch in Washington (st george). He is from Uruguay though and was baptized here where im serving a long time ago. It was super wierd because if any of you remember I met an Uruguayan named Amado Sandes in my last area (Lezica) and he is also a member of the church that also lives in St George, and he's from my stake, and he lives in Riverside Apartments like 30 seconds from my house. So yeah really wierd how I keep running in to people that are from St. George. Its like as if my mom is worried about me or something and is asking Uruguayans from St. George to visit me here or something. Or maybe God sends them here to make sure im doing good as a result of my mom's prayers. All I know for now is that i've always been serving where God wants me to serve. I mean, my mission president could have sent me anywhere here in Uruguay and its a huge coincidence that ive just happened to run into two Uruguayans here on my misson that are from my city (which is small, I have to repeat that a lot cause it really is a small city). But yeah the world gets really small when youre a member of the church.
Well everythings awesome over here! Congats to my brother who is going home in a week✈ ! Last fetching full week in the mission and its back to real american food and also mexican food and awesome weather (plus its summer over there, aww thatd be soo nice right now cause its getting cold over here!) And of course being with the family and being a normal person again, thats nice too.
Well me and Lopez are doing great!! We had 12 investigators in church yesterday!!! In our entire zone we had 17 total and 12 were ours so were on a roll over here! ALSO!!!!!!! ROSA AND ANDRES ARE GETTING MARRIED TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤🐕🐕🐕🐩🐩🐩!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And on the 15th Pablo and Tania will also be getting married and then on the 17th Rosa, Andres, Tania, Mikaela (sister of Andres) and maybe Christian (brother of Rosa) will all be getting baptized!!! Which is also my Moms Birthday!!!!! And also my brother's homecoming party thing. So yeah you guys can party and stuff and screw around but im bringing souls into the kingdom of God over here! Enjoy enjoying yourselves!! Haha im just joking but im super stoked for the 17th its going to be great! I never want to leave this area!!!! I could stay here for the rest of my mission!
But yeah this week was good. We saw the Finals for futbol (soccer). Real Madrid won... I dont really like Real Madrid and I dont really like Ronaldo a lot either so it wasnt even worth seeing... Also I made brownies while we were watching the Finals. We were with a less active family that we are trying really hard to reactive-- their last name is Carvallo. They are super awesome and have the cutest little twin girls I have ever met in my entire life. But yeah the brownies turned out great! It was the first time I ever made brownies but I used my dads recipe and after seeing him make them so many times I was able to pull it off and they turned out super good! Btw I was referring to my missionary dad (Elder Harkness). Haha sorry real dad...
Anyway thats it for this week! Love you guys! Take care have a good one!!!!
-Welks

No comments:

Post a Comment