Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Week 47 Chau Elder Silva!!

Well today is Elder Silva's last full day here in Camino Carrasco and he'll be getting home on Thursday. It was super great getting to work with him! I learned so much more than any other change of my mission with Elder Silva. By far one of the best changes of my mission!

Well we got changes last night and Elder Lopez from Peru is coming here with me. He has 3 changes left in the mission so it looks like he'll probably be dying here in this area after I leave. He'll be getting here tomorrow in the afternoon. I dont know why im with another viejo (old) missionary again. I was actually quite shocked by the changes cause Im hitting a year in a month and I thought for sure that someone younger than me in the mission would be coming here with me or that I would possibly be training this change. Its actually pretty funny cause all of the elders from my group have already been or with the new changes are now senior comp, except me. Not really sure what happened there, but i´m definitly going to be talking about this with the president the next time I have an interview with him. I know this sounds pretty prideful and I kind of dont want to say it but I honestly feel like I deserve at least some responsibility here on my mission. I want to feel like President has at least some expectations for me here on the mission.

Anyway that's definitly something that Im going to talk about with President in a couple weeks from now. But yeah Im actually excited to be with Elder Lopez I heard that he is great so we'll see what we can accomplish here! We have 3 baptisms coming up right now- Andres, Rosa, and Tania in the coming 4 weeks. Me and Elder Silva have been helping them get ready to get baptized and they are beyond ready so Im really excited to be here to help them get baptized.

But yeah everythings going great over here! I feel fine about Elder Lopez coming here with me actually, I feel like we´re going to do great together! Ive heard great things about him and I think were going to have a great change and I hope that we can find even more people here in our area to get baptized!

Also funniest thing ever!--- So Tania and Pablo are going to get married on June 15 and then Tania is going to get baptized on the 17th right? So Tania went to some store that makes wedding invitation cards and told the lady working there to put on the cards that they will be having the reception in the Mormon church that is on Camino Carrasco (So Tania said "Mormon Church" and the church remains on the street, Camino Carrasco). So the lady made the invitation cards and when Tania went to recieve the order of cards do you know what it said? Oh I wish I had the picture with me cause Tania took a pic of it. It said that the reception would be held in "El Reino de los Testigos de Jehova" which interpreted means "The kingdom (or church) of the Jehova´s Witnesses". Me and Elder Silva couldnt believe it! We were sooo ticked that somebody thought that the Mormons are the same thing as the Jehovas Witnesses. Confuse us with another church, thats ok. But insult us, nooo! Elder Silva told Tania to give a Lesson 1 pamphlet on the Restoration to the lady that works there. First of all, the biggest difference between the Mormons and the JW´s is that one is true and the other is not. Obviously all of you guys know which one is the true church. It just bugs me that people dont know the difference. But it happens so often here in Uruguay. I dont know how many times that someone has confused us with the JW´s while we´ve been out tracting. It happens so much but thats why we go out and preach so that people can learn that there is a difference between us. And also so that people can get converted and learn that our church really is the true church of Jesus Christ. It really makes me realize how important missionary work is not only for the missionaries but for members as well, so that for the least part if people dont want to get baptized into our church that they at least know the difference between us and all of the other churches out there.

I have no doubt that this church is true. A testimony is the most important thing that we have. I love Helaman 5:12 cause it teaches us that as long as our foundation is centered on Jesus Christ and if our testimony is centered on Him then we will not fall.

Sorry I kind of had to make this email short I would have loved to write more but I dont have a lot more time to write. We´re super busy today cause Elder Silva has like 20 people that we have to visit today to say goodbye to.

Love you all have a great week!!

-Welks

No comments:

Post a Comment