Friday, May 5, 2017

Week 44 Wow that week flew fast!!!

Ok so I have no clue where that last week went! I also havent been taking hardly any pictures this change cause I dont like to carry my camera with me when we're working cause Im afraid im going to get robbed or something (we have parts of our area that we dont walk in at night because it gets super sketchy. Everybody here looks at me wierd and asks about Donald Trump and stuff and thinks im a racist and im like "at least im not the one who assumes every white person is a Trump supporter or anything"). Also last week this black guy almost started a fight with me and my comp cause im white. (I love how white people are the racist ones!) My comp Elder Silva told the guy "im not Brazilian, my comp isnt American, and youre not Uruguayan!, We are children of God!" Yeah i'll never forget that line and its true! It doesnt matter where we are from we're all children of God!

Also this past week was insane! The air has just been full of mosquitos! Its crazy how many mosquitos there are! Silva and I were walking to a charla and we were walking in a part of our area where the streets are grass and dirt and we were getting attacked by like 2000 mosquitos and we didnt have repellant so I shouted "¡Corramos!" (let's run!) and we ran the next two blocks to get away. But like every day is a battle between us and the mosquitos. We have to like be slapping our face and arms like every 3 seconds or if I have a sweater with we then im just swinging it around as we are out walking. I really hope it starts getting a little colder so I dont have to have this ongoing battle 24/7.

But yeah all of our investigators are doing really good. Tania and Pablo are going to get married on June 15th and then Tania is going to get baptized on the 17th (my moms bday!!!) They are sooo awesome. Pablo is already baptized and they have a little girl who has like 10 months (I think). Also Andres and Rosa are going to be getting a marriage date set as well, possibly also for June and they might actually get baptized the same day! They are also good friends of Tanias and they are also like members already (theyre soo great!!!). Also Fernando came to church for the second time last Sunday so he might get baptized before Elder Silva leaves! We are really focusing on him a lot cause he is also a really good investigator and it looks like he could be getting baptized in a couple of weeks. But yeah those are the investigators that should be getting baptized shortly! Were going to keep going out though and try to find some more investigators. This is the biggest area i've been in (its actually not that big, but my other areas were smaller) and there are a ton of people here to talk to!

Also we had interviews with President Eddy yesterday and we had a really good conference as well and we did a ton of practices. And then we ate pulled pork sandwiches 😁!!!! And then we walked home cause we live close to the Temple/mission home. And had another battle against the mosquitos on the way back 😒.

"Freaking mosquitos del infierno!!!!!!!" -Elder Silva about every 5 minutes

-Welks

No comments:

Post a Comment