Thursday, November 24, 2016

Week 22 Might be my last week here in Maldonado.

Ok so like the title says this could be my last week here in Maldonado.

Changes are next week and it is very likely that I will be leaving for a different area. But to be honest I am not going to be very sad if I leave cause I feel like I have been here for such a long time and I want to experience something different.

Of our current investigators, Giulianna is the only one that is progressing right now. She is doing really well while trying to quit smoking. However she is leaving Maldonado and moving with her and her 2 kids to Treinta y Tres next week ðŸ˜ž. But thats ok cause the missionaries in 33 can continue teaching where we left off and hopefully get her batpized (or I could be sent to 33). 

Ok so me and my comp just experienced the biggest miracle I have ever seen on Sunday.

So none of our investigators showed up at church which was a bummer. But during the 3rd hour of church a family walked in our church (a mom, a dad, and a son (12 yr) from Colombia). They are not members of the church and had just moved here to Uruguay 8 days ago. They have always been religious and decided to go to a church on Sunday. The bishop and the other leaders of the church moved quickly to get to know them and where they lived. We introduced ourselves as the missionaries and after getting their address we asked if we could come by at 4 o clock to get to know them a little better.

So at 4 we arrived at their home. We walked in and they were very friendly and we started to ask them some simple questions to get to know them better.

They said that their daughter currently lives here in Maldonado and that they wanted to leave Columbia for a place that was more peaceful. And because their daughter already lived here it was an easy move for them.

So after a few minutes we started talking about our beliefs. They told us that they had always been active in a church in Columbia, but they didnt agree with that church because the preacher their used the members tithing money to buy nice things for himself. They didnt like the fact that they had to give of their money for someone else to have really nice things. We quickly explained how all of the teachers and the leaders at church do it out of service and how tithing is used to help others in need and to build the kingdom of God.

We then started talking about the Restoration and the BofM and we explained how God can tell us that these things are true through the Holy Ghost because the Holy Ghost will give us good feelings that will testify to us if these things are true and how it can guide us. They then told us the most amazing thing. They said that they didnt know which church to attend that morning. They said that there were many different churches in every direction from their house. They then said that something told them to head up a certain road and as they started up that road they saw the spire or point of our church and decided to walk in that church. 

They truly were sent here to Uruguay for a reason and God led them to His true church because of their faithfulness. They truly are faithful. They live Mormon standards better than I do. They only listen to Christian music and dont watch movies that are bad or are horror movies and things like that. I would love to stay here to continue to teach them but if not it is ok and I know that they will turn out fine. Whether or not they end of joining the church they have felt Gods love for them for their faithfulness. But I have a strong feeling that they are never going to turn from this path and my comp and his next comp are going to have some great experiences teaching this great family.

-Elder Welker

No comments:

Post a Comment