ok so I am not sure where to start. Me and my comp have just been working nonstop here in Maldonado. It is really great and I am learning so much. The weather here is the absolute worst, though. Mon and Tue it rained soo much and was freezing and since Wed it has been soo hot here! By the time we return home I have sweated through all of my clothes.
So we are focusing all of our efforts on Maria and Belen, Federico, Giulianna, and finding more new investigators. I dont think that I expressed last week how ready Maria and Belen were for baptism because we are baptizing the two of them this Saturday! Belen is 10 yr and is the daughter of Maria if I never specified that. Also one of the sons of Maria, and his family, are very active in the church and are in the same stake. Marias son is going to baptize them both this Saturday which is a blessing especially to have the support of family members. We also have a bapt date for Federico for the 19th and he needs to attend church this Sunday in order to meet that date so keep him in your prayers because he is ready and cant keep prolonging the process. Giulianna wont be able to meet her date of the 26th because she didnt attend church yesterday and so we are going to have to move it back another week.
Well that about covers our week. I am sad that E Harkness isnt here because it was him and I who initiated this process for those 4 investigators. It was a blessing having him as a comp and all of his work here in Maldonado was not for nothing and thanks to his efforts we have these great investigators.
Also just some quick news: Elder Ronald A. Rasband is coming here on the 17th for a multi-mission conference- the Uruguay Montevideo and Montevideo West missionaries will have the opportunity to hear from this great apostle in less than 2 weeks from now. I am very excited to hear from him.
I hope you all have a good week!
-Elder Welker
No comments:
Post a Comment