Alright so last Thursday E Alvarez and I took our District Leader to the house of Maria and Belen to have their baptismal interviews. And just as expected, THEY PASSED!!!
On Saturday at 7 pm we had the priviledge of witnessing their baptisms.
I am not sure if I ever told you guys but her son (Gonzalo) is a very active member of the church in another ward here in Maldonado and he baptized and confirmed both of them. His daughter also spoke on the topic of Baptism before the baptismal service and it was so cool seeing Gonzalo and his entire family their to support them. I have also never witnessed anything so remarkable and spiritual than those two baptisms last Saturday.
Gonzalo was struggling to say the words to baptize his own mother as tears were flowing down his face and after baptizing her they hugged for the longest time. It was such an amazing experience being able to see someone baptize his mom and sister.
Also if I didnt mention before Gonzalo was the member who took himself and his family to see general conference in Utah last month.
It was such a priviledge to be able to be a part (small part) in this process. I am thankful to all of you and all of your prayers that really helped us to help Maria and Belen reach this point in their lives.
It was also very touching to be able to shake hands with every member of their family and hear each of them say "thank you" in English (which is funny cause I can understand what they say in Spanish) but it went a long way and really meant a lot to me (even though the people that had the most effect on Maria and Belens conversions was by far their own family). I will never forget these moments and the spirit that testified to me during the service that said "God Lives and Loves each of His children!" I know that this is why I came out here and I know that this is why God calls on each of us, fulltime missionary or not, to seek out the lost sheep and bring them home.
Thank you all for your support in this divine process that allows families like these to be together now for all eternity!
-Elder Welker
1. Saturday with Maria and Belen before the baptism
2. Same but after they changed into baptismal clothes
3. After the confirmation on Sunday with Gonzalo and his family
No comments:
Post a Comment