Sunday, September 3, 2017

Week 60 Florida!!!

Ok guys so im here in Florida (in Uruguay, for some reason people thought I went to the state in the US so I have to be a little more specific now haha) 

Things are going awesome here! The city of Florida is pretty small and we are here in a branch called Asamblea. Its the first time that I am in a branch and not a ward and yeah, its pretty small, haha, like on average there are like 50-55 members at church on Sunday. So its really interesting and our Gospel Principles class is made up of us (the two missionaries, the teacher, and one recent convert), as opposed to the class in Camino Carrasco (about 12-15 of us in total). So yeah its really fun here haha! Its super chill and quiet here cause we are out here in the field and its just a lot of farm land and stuff and there are more gauchos (cowboys) and gaucho type people here. And there are a lot more horses and its pretty common to see horses being rode in the street like every 15 minutes. 

But yeah, im here with my new companion, Elder Rivera from Ecuador. He has only been here for about 3 months and is a really good guy. A bit weird but hes good haha. We are working really hard right now to find new investigators and we have been talking with a lot of people. Our area is actually pretty small (I mean its big because we have a lot of farm land but in terms of like where all of the people live it is a bit small, about the same size as Lezica was when I was there in North Montevideo. But we have been doing really good. We only have a couple investigators that are progressing so we are just spending most of our days knocking doors trying to find new people to teach. But its really good and the people here are a lot friendlier than those of Montevideo and it can be a lot easier here to enter into someones house and teach them something because the people are a lot more open and friendly here. 

But yeah im really liking it here! I live with the zone leaders, Ward and Johansen from my group and it is awesome!!!! I love these guys and we are all going to go to Utah State after the mission and we all got the same score on the ACT and so we are probably going to see eachother after the mission. But yeah its cool here! And its colder here than Montevideo, I think...

But yeah I really miss my last area! Camino Carrasco was the best area ever!!! I miss it sooooo much! And I really miss Ernesto and he is going to get baptized on the 29th of this month and he wrote me after I left and he is really looking forward to his baptism! Im going to try to go because I love Ernesto and I want to be there for his baptism since it means a lot to me cause I was the first missionary to talk to him and teach him and I really hope that I can go back for the baptism! 

I will try to get photos next week because this stupid computer is rejecting my sd card so I will try to get photos to you guys another way but I should have them by next week. Love you guys! Have a good week!!!!!
-Elder Welker

No comments:

Post a Comment