Ok so for those who were wondering why I didn't write yesterday it's because we have changes this week so our pday changed to Tuesday.
So this last week my bishop called me and told me that my comp had to give a talk on Jan 22. I was on an intercambio so I called my comp Elder Sarkady and said "hey guess what?, you're giving a talk in church next Sunday!" to which he replied "haha jokes on you! I am leaving next week and you're gonna have to give that talk!" and then I realized that the whole thing just backfired on me and that I was gonna have to give the talk. But, we just got changes last night and turns out that Sarkady and I are staying together, much to our surprise, and so are the other two missionaries in our house. My comp was kinda bummed that he was staying here another change and then I reminded him that he was gonna have to give the talk on Sunday, after all, haha.
In other news I wanna give a shoutout to my friend Elder Ontiveros who just finished his mission and is going home this week! I also want to give a big shoutout to my brother Jake aka Elder Welker #1 who is turning 21 on Jan 25! Hope you have a good one bro!
So as far as our area goes we just passed by a lot of members and members less actives this week and we received a lot of good references that we are going to pass by this week to hopefully find more people to teach so keep your fingers crossed!
Also I saw a cool video that you guys have probably already seen but I had never seen it before on Lds.org that is about a guy who goes on a cruise but spends the entire cruise inside his room and never leaves cause he had no idea that you could leave but the last day someone told him that all of the food and activities and parties were included with what
he paid for. (I didn't explain that very well, you'll just have to watch it on lds.org) but the way that I interpreted the video is that we can all open the door in other peoples lives (to the gospel of Jesus Christ) so that they can enjoy the blessings of living the gospel. Also while I am on the subject of cruises, my parents and my sister are going on a 5 day cruise that leaves out of Florida. But not just any cruise. A comic con cruise that some cast members from Guardians of the Galaxy 2 and also The Walking Dead will also be going on. So yeah. When my parents told me that I fell to the floor and died so I hope you have fun without me!!!
Hope you all have a good week!
-Elder Welker
No comments:
Post a Comment