Monday, December 26, 2016

Week 25 Feliz Navidad!

Ok so I want to try to keep this letter as short as possible since I am going to be skyping my family this next Sunday.


Alright so first off I am so glad that I left Maldonado and came here to Lezica in Montevideo. Especially cause our stake has the coolest most dopest Christmas parties every year. We went to a Christmas Concert in the stake center here and the members here put a lot of work into this concert here and it was super cool especially when they sang the song "Last Christmas" (I gave you my heart or something like that) and they sang it in English very well which was really cool. They ended the concert singing Feliz Navidad which was also done really well. There were soo many people there it was packed and President Eddy and his whole family came to it as well and so did President Olsen and his whole family (he is the president of the West Uruguay mission).


Ok so also this past week I got my packages from my family. I recieved the huge 50 pound bag that I had to haul back to our house and also my parents got a bunch of other gifts for me which was a huge surprise cause the bag alone was 50 pounds.


Also church yesterday was very interesting. An x-missionary who served 8 years ago returned here to Uruguay cause a girl he baptized just finished serving her mission in Paraguay and she is in my ward and was giving her homecoming talk.


Also besides my parents, someone else from St. George decided to take a trip down here as well.
His name is Amando Sandes and he is from St George from the Morningside 6th ward and he currently lives in the Riverside apartments so it was really cool seeing someone who lived 30 seconds from my house in St George in a country that is really far from the US. Funny how small this world is.


Merry Christmas! Feliz Navidad!

-Elder Welker

Also I am kind of impatient when it comes to waiting to open Christmas gifts on Christmas Day

No comments:

Post a Comment